Take a grocery store for example. Some have marketing expenses, loss leaders, and spoilage issues. Most grocery stores have a low profit margin, around 2%. That means grocery stores don’t take a big cut of the profit,
Equivalent Revenue = Energy Savings / Profit Margin
So let’s say that an LED lighting project, which will not only reduce energy consumption by $10,000 a year, but also make produce look more appetizing, is up for discussion.
- $1.00 to a typical Fresno County city (0.75%).
- $0.13 to the County Zoo Authority (0.10%).
- $0.67 to the Fresno County Transportation Authority (0.50%).
- $0.17 to Fresno County Public Libraries (0.125%).
- $0.33 to County Transportation Funds (0.25%).
- $1.42 to the Local Revenue Fund 2011 (1.0625%).
- $0.67 to the Local Revenue Fund (for Health and Social Service programs) (0.50%).
- $0.33 to the State’s Education Protection Account (0.25%).
- $0.67 to the Local Public Safety Fund (0.50%).
- $0.33 to the State Fiscal Recovery Fund (0.25%).
- $0.33 to the State General Fund (0.25%).
- $4.92 to the State General Fund (3.6875%).