Friday, July 15, 2011

Maybe You Can Win: Battle Of The Bills




My power bill in June topped $400. It didn't really surprise me. My family likes it cool, and the air conditioner runs much of the summer. I've learned to budget around it after living more than two decades in Fresno.

While higher than I like (I've paid more; last year I nearly passed out at the mailbox after opening a bill for $600 +), I doubt it's the highest in the area. A friend of mine once asked if "power bills are supposed to contain a comma?"

Maybe he should participate in the "Battle of the Bills" contest organized by solar company SunRun. The company said it reward the California resident with the highest June power bill with free solar for 20 years.

Here is more from the San Jose Mercury News and from SunRun.

Good luck.

No comments: